Friday, March 2, 2012

Presentation Makes A Difference

     On a recent vacation to South America, I got to thinking about the desserts I was eating. Specifically, how the presentation of the dessert elevated something simple to something special. I will confess that ice cream and gelato are my guilty pleasures in life. I have tasted some delicious gelatos in Europe that needed nothing more than a spoon to make me swoon over them. In South America, and especially in the Galapagos Islands where the following pictures were taken, the ice cream was good, but not spectacular in the taste. Yet, at the time I was eating them, I thought they were great. I realize it was the presentation that elevated the simple ice cream to a special dessert.
Courtesy of The Finch Bay Eco Hotel.
                                       
Courtesy of The Finch Bay Eco Hotel
Courtesy of The Angermeyer Waterfront Hotel
     Now, don't get me wrong. I am not advocating beauty over taste. A bad tasting dessert will always be bad tasting, no matter the presentation. However, I now realize the truth in the saying that we eat with our eyes first. Looking at the pictures that I took of my different ice cream desserts, you will see what I mean.
     At Pattycakes & Cookies, taste and presentation always go hand in hand. Check out our website and see how we can make your next occasion spectacular. www.pattycakesncookies.com

No comments:

Post a Comment